Gary DeMar is an outspoken critic of Pre Trib Pre Mill theology. He is a preterist, Post Mill. He ask these questions in his latest blog.
1. How do Christian date-setters compare with their secular and New Age counterparts?
Not very well. Jesus told us not to set dates so if you want to know when he comes, don't expect him to come on the date you set.
2. Is Israel’s 1948 nationhood biblically significant?
Yes. Many predictions of end times revolve around Israel being in the Land. 1948, 1967 are both significant dates. In fact, Ezekiel 36, Micah 4:5 require Israel to return before the establishment of the Kingdom of God on earth.
3. Is Russia the end-time bad guy in Ezekiel 38 and 39?
Probably 90% certainty. Everything I read leads to Russia or a Former Soviet State that is Muslem being the end time bad guy. See my article on this prophecy.
4. Is there any biblical evidence that the temple needs to be rebuilt?
The temple will be in existance for the Great Tribulation. Matthew 24:15, Revelation many references, Ezekiel 40-44.
5. Was Jesus really predicting the end of the world in the Olivet Discourse?
Three things he was talking about. The destruction of the Temple, sign of his coming, and End of the world. He answers all three questions in the discourse. If you only think he is answering one of those three questions then you haven't studied the passage correctly.
6. Should we expect an end-time antichrist?
No. 2 Thesselonians 2:7, he won't be revealed until him who restrained is removed. Most people believe that is the holy spirit at the rapture.
7. Is the European Union a fulfillment of Bible prophecy?
Good question. Probably a prelude to the final government. Not necessarily. I know a lot of teachers are excited about it. The antichrist leads a world government. The European union is just one government to give authority to the beast.
8. Is modern-day technology making the “mark of the beast” a reality?
Not necessarily. Makes for good press. Could be some reality in it. The Mark however could be a reference to something Islamic. I heard someone say that if you take the greek word for 666 and turn it upside down then it looks like what the Jehadist wear into battle. Stay tuned.
9. Are an “increase in earthquakes” and environmental changes signs of the end?
Yes. Matthew 24, Luke 21. Remember it follows it with the end is not yet. And then gives other signs that follow the earthquakes.
10. Is prophetic speculation really prophetic inevitability?
No. Just because we speculate on what a prophet saw doesn't make it so. It is one thing to say thus saith the Lord and another thing to say that John saw this or that. I wish he had a movie of what he saw but we can only go with the words he wrote.
11. Why are non-Christians worried about prophetic speculation?
Ok, do I need to go into a lesson in risk management. We all have to worry about what could hurt us. Is it better to think that the storm is coming and prepare and the storm miss us or is it better to think the storm will miss us not prepare and then get hit by the storm? All risk management does is prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Preterism just hopes for the best thinking the worst happened 1900 years ago.
12. And probably some other topics once I begin to research and write.
Glad I can help.