Friday, September 11, 2009

New to blogging

This will be my first post on a blog. Never thought much of blogging before. It seems to be an effective tool. The whole idea of the Pre-Trib Activist is one of wonder at what fallacies the people of God are blaming on the pre-trib, security of the believer and other correct doctrines.

The problem is not in the doctrine but in the application of doctrine. I plan to explore some of these myths in this blog. This blog is not intended to stir up division in the church. It is not intended to stir up decisiveness among brethren. I use the term brethren generically since I do write from a Grace Brethren point of view. The idea is to open the mind of all Christians to what is the depth and width and height and breadth of God. What is it that God wants from us? What is God's plan for us and how are we to respond to it.

I mention that I am Grace Brethren. The formal definition is the Fellowship of Grace Brethren Churches. We are an independent group of churches who broke off from the Church of the Brethren in the Early part of the 20th century. Dr. Alva J. McClain lead a group of men from Ashland College, that the Church of the Brethren ran, and started there own seminary, Grace College and Seminary, after the leadership of Ashland decided that it was against the churches best interest to educate clergy and other issues. Dr. McClain went on to be one of the editors in the New Scofield bible and many prominent men form the seminary have served on other Bible translation and notes projects.

I however have not attended seminary but have a B.S. in computer science and engineering with a minor in mathematics from LeTourneau University in Longview Texas. I did come one course short of a Bible minor. The one course I was lacking is Romans. My pastor was teaching through Romans during my final semester of college and I later coached a Bible quiz team through the book. I think I could CLEP out of the course.

Most recently I have begun to preach every fourth Sunday night at the Grace Brethren Church in Longview, TX. I have also been bringing a bible study at prayer meeting on Wednesday night. What is the difference between preaching and Bible study? I may shout one more time at you during a preaching session. I am also looking for audience participation during a Bible study. I have coached youth group Bible quizzing and college age Sunday School.

I hope through this blog that you will find yourself challenged to think and to act and to do according to the mandates of scripture. Don't expect for me to stay within the confines of prophesy or politics. I may just start meddling in what you are not pleasing God by doing. I want to challenge your world view.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog